Hello, my name is Leslie Lineberry and I am so very honored and excited to be here today as a Guest Ambassador for Relics and Artifacts! I am an eclectic mixed media artist with a fondness for incorporating junk and rust in my work. When I’m not working or creating, I am often out and about searching for tiny old treasures to add to my ‘art supplies’.
The study of mythology has always fascinated me so I knew I wanted to create with the Mythos collection of resin blanks. My inspiration for this piece was the countenance of the stern-looking god, who I decided was Poseidon. And of course, Poseidon would display his most valued treasure in an ornate Ostensorium.
It is estimated that only 5% of our planet’s vast oceans have been explored. That leaves 95% of dark blue mystery.
What creates a wave-riddled ocean storm? Science tells us it is the gravitational pull of the sun and the moon and the friction caused by wind over the water’s surface. But the ancient Greeks had another explanation: the temperamental god Poseidon was at work.
Who knows what could be revealed when the fury of a turbulent sea reaches down deep and stirs the silken sands of the ocean floor? Perhaps a rare pearl that was once cradled in the fierce hands of Poseidon…
Prima Cherish stencil
(Art Basics) Heavy Black Gesso, 3D Gloss Gel, Plaster Paste
(Art Ingredients) White Texture Powder, Art Stones, Mini Art Stones
(Art Alchemy Acrylic Metallique Paint) ‘Emerald Green’, ‘Steampunk Copper’, ‘Ancient Coin’, ‘White Pearl’, ‘Mermaid Teal’, ‘Light Patina’, ‘Opal Magic’, ‘Green Gold'
(Art Alchemy Sparks Acrylic Paint) ‘Magical Pond’
Lindy’s Stamp Gang: ‘Opal Sea Oats’ Starburst spray and ‘Ocean Breeze Blue’ Flat Fabio spray
From my stash: Toothpicks, cocktail forks, gold braid, game pieces, star shapes, nails, shells and beads